So what’s planned for this year so far?
- The Playground: we have been talking to suppliers since the autumn to see what type of equipment we could use and what the costs might be. We need to replace the Multi Climbing Unit and a couple of other outdated pieces so it gives us an opportunity for a full redesign to create a more modern play area for village children and their visitors. We have a questionnaire which will shortly be out and can be completed on hard copy or on line. We need your views to back up the demand for our grant applications. Costs might be an eye watering £100k so we need lots of help to raise funds. If you can help please drop us a line at our new e-mail address: email@example.com
- Defibrillator and CPR (resuscitation training): do you know how to use the new defibrillator on the Meadow and to perform CPR? It might just help you save a life. We plan to have some information and training evenings over the summer if there is a demand. We will put the dates on our FaceBook page and you can give us a ‘like’ in response.
- The Warm Hub: every Tuesday morning from 10. It’s been a great success and looks like it will continue as a meeting place throughout the summer and hopefully in to next year.
- Petanque: Friday night is Petanque night from about 5pm once the weather gets warmer. A social evening on the Meadow where you can enjoy a glass of wine with others while playing boules. Don’t worry if you haven’t played before – someone will help and there are people of all abilities. Should we have a competition or challenge our local villages to a match? We need an organiser.
- The BIG LUNCH: as usual we will be hosting all the village organisations for the Big Lunch and Church Fete on Saturday 10 June. Come and join us for a bit of fun and a dog show on the Meadow.
- MOTM – Movies on the Meadow: sadly we had to postpone our first venture of this outdoor film night because of the death of Queen Elizabeth. But we will be back on Saturday 9 September this year. Earlybird tickets on sale from mid June until late July. After that it’s full price so buy early and save something for the popcorn!
- And Anything Else? the Trust will help support anyone wanting to put on an event and raise funds – especially for the Playground, so please let us know. Disco’s, a Film Club using the new projector in the pavilion and some new ideas please.
The Trustees work really had to keep our lovely facilities going but we can’t do it all on our own. A little help from a lot of people makes the village a much better place to live